What is Rhythm Kids?
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together®® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. Each week we drum, sing, dance, introduce and play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative.
What Will My Child Learn In Rhythm Kids?
Rhythm Kids not only extends a traditional Music Together experience, but also allows any child to enter into a class and start to grow their musical skills and love by emphasizing the best educational models appropriate to their age:
- Social interaction with peers
- Carefully curated musical experiences designed to broaden their horizons culturally, historically, rhythmically, and tonally
- A play- and fun-based, yet structured environment in which to grow
Rhythm Kids Level 1 (ages 4-5)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver.
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Make up their own drumming patterns
- Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- Create movement ideas for songs