Mixed Age class
Our Mixed Ages classes provide weekly music classes in a setting that is geared towards children from birth through age five.
- This class follows the recommendations of child development researchers in grouping children of a variety of ages in one class.
- The approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
- Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments.
- We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring semesters, classes meet once a week for 10 weeks. During the Summer, classes meet once a week for 6 weeks.
- You will receive two professionally recorded CDs and illustrated songbooks semester so you can continue your music-making fun at home,
- New families will receive a copy of “Music Together® at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically” parent DVD.
To see a mixed ages class in action, check out this wonderful video at MusicTogether.com.
Take a journey into Spanish language and its cultures through the magical world of music. Canta y Baila Conmigo® combines music education and language immersion and is designed for beginners and native speakers alike. Canta y Baila Conmigo creates a playful, interactive atmosphere where language learning is integrated naturally into the musical experience. Young children and their adults experience another culture and language firsthand while exploring and developing musically in an age-appropriate manner. Families attend a series of weekly 45-minute classes. They also receive a songbook and CD each semester to continue the singing, dancing and learning at home.